Thursday 7 April 2011

Death Penalty.

In USA is it a little bit of strage laws like " you can drive a car when you are 16, but you cannot drink before you are 21 ". I think that is a bit strange because we havent this in Norway. I have heard of my teacher that they have death penalty in USA. I didnt think they have that when they are calling them selvs " USA The Land of Opportunity/freedom. In this case i am neurtal because i realy dont like death penalty, but it depends of what you had done to get a death penalty. Here is a map that shows land that have death penalty:



It is a lot of countries in the world that had death penalty. On this picture is shows witch state that have death penalty. It is ower the half! I think it is a bit strange that some state are fore death penalty and other not! Then I think of USA not a ONE country but FIFTY countries. In Norway do we not have death penalty but we have prison penalty. We have all the same roules in all of Norway. Well America is America. To end this post I will say that i hope that death penalty isn't coming to Norway!

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you are criticizing the American judicial system! You bring up some serious issues here. Interesting that you see the US as a group of small elements rather than one whole country. You're right, it is strange that they apply different rules on such an important matter.

    I'm glad that you're not in favour of the death penalty. Can you think of a situation though, where you might want to execute a prisoner anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think that if a man/women/group had killed a person the goverment should have a revange. Because they have taken someones live then its" fair" to take his live.In this sitiuation a live should be taken with a live. Ofcourse if he is inocent. If it was a accident he should not get a death penalty, because accidents hppends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afther all I do not like death penalty. I think its digscusting

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is comforting to see that such practices upset you. I'm having a hard time myself, reading about it. And I agree, it is different when someone dies in an accident. Although..what if it is a drunk driver?

    ReplyDelete